Application Deadline: February 25, 2017
Northlands Storytelling Network is offering “New Voices” Conference Scholarships to anyone 18 years and older who is new to storytelling and is interested in improving their skills and/or using storytelling in their respective fields. Recipients of the scholarships will be paired with others at the conference who will act as guides and resources during the conference.
Up to four scholarships may be awarded. Members of the Northlands Scholarship Committee will judge applications and determine scholarship winners. Winners will be notified as soon as possible after the application deadline.
Who May Apply:
- Adults ages 18 year and older, interested in using storytelling in their respective fields, i.e., education, psychology, museum education, environmental education, healing arts, law, religion, business, theatre, freelance storytelling, library services, etc.
- Recipients may only receive the scholarship twice within a five year period. This restriction begins with anyone who received a Northlands scholarship from 2014 forward.
- Free conference registration.
- 2 nights (Friday & Saturday) shared lodging with another scholarship recipient.
- Friday lunch and dinner and Saturday lunch and dinner (breakfast is on your own; restaurant on site).
- Membership to Northlands Storytelling Network for one year.
- Must provide own transportation to/from conference.
- Meet with the New Voices coordinator and other scholarship recipients over breakfast Saturday morning.
Please provide the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name, Address, City, State, Zip
- Telephone Numbers (home and cell)
- Email Address
- Employer/Job Title
- Date of Birth
- Answer the following questions:
- How did you hear about the New Voices Scholarship?
- Why are you interested in attending the Northlands Storytelling Conference?
- Describe your experience with storytelling and/or story listening.
- How can storytelling be used in your present or desired line of work?