319-230-0659 • email@example.com
Patricia Coffie was born interested and Iowan. She tells stories familiar to many hearts. She tells personal stories from 1634 when her family came to this continent through 1855 when they settled in Iowa and on into here and now. She can tell one history of Iowa through family stories and fire. Her stories are original.
Stories have been told as Regional Representative at National, at Northlands, at the Cedar River Storytelling Festival, at the Iowa Library Association, at the Iowa Storytelling Festival and at Moonshell. Has told extensively in libraries and schools.
- Has presented workshops at Northlands and for the State Library of Iowa.
- Puppeteer since 1960’s; Storyteller since 1976
- Filmed for “Living in Iowa,” 1993
- Member of storytelling delegation to China, 1997
- Past president of Iowa Library Association, Iowa Library Association Foundation, Northlands Storytelling Network, a five state organization. Past Board Member of the National Association for the Preservation and Perpetuation of Storytelling (NAPPS, NSA, NSN).
- Storytelling and Puppetry with Wartburg College Students 2000 to 2012
- First Book and three subsequent books are Indices for Storytelling Magazine published beginning at age 71, National Oracle Award at 72, YouTube at 73 and still going strong.
More than pleased to tell stories of love and laughter and sometimes tears from a heart that belongs to the Midwest.